The best topic

Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Pumpkin Soup

Started by Berry Sweet, October 07, 2017, 06:44:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Berry Sweet

Anyone got ant fancy version recipes for pumpkin soup??

I generally make squash but Ive never made pumpkin.  Looks very basic...pumpkin...onion....garlic...broth and milk....but I feel it needs a kick...

Any suggestions?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"Anyone got ant fancy version recipes for pumpkin soup??

I generally make squash but Ive never made pumpkin.  Looks very basic...pumpkin...onion....garlic...broth and milk....but I feel it needs a kick...

Any suggestions?

A Korean friend made some for us..

It's delicious.

Anonymous

My  mom made pumpkin soup today. I can take it or leave it.

Berry Sweet

I just finished making my soup.  It's kinda bland as I do not have all the spices.  I will take it over to dinner tomorrow and use their spices to kick it up a notch.  I don't have a whole lot of spices as I generally only use fresh herbs.

I prefer my squash soup better.  it's more flavorful...I wont be making pumpkin soup again...  :sad:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"I just finished making my soup.  It's kinda bland as I do not have all the spices.  I will take it over to dinner tomorrow and use their spices to kick it up a notch.  I don't have a whole lot of spices as I generally only use fresh herbs.

I prefer my squash soup better.  it's more flavorful...I wont be making pumpkin soup again...  :sad:

The kind I had was a desert soup....like a liquid form of pumpkin pie.

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Berry Sweet"I just finished making my soup.  It's kinda bland as I do not have all the spices.  I will take it over to dinner tomorrow and use their spices to kick it up a notch.  I don't have a whole lot of spices as I generally only use fresh herbs.

ahh...you know, I was kind of thinking I should've done that instead...but I added onion and garlic...perhaps it's not too late to change it to a dessert soup?  You cant taste the onion or garlic at all...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"
Quote from: "Fashionista"

ahh...you know, I was kind of thinking I should've done that instead...but I added onion and garlic...perhaps it's not too late to change it to a dessert soup?  You cant taste the onion or garlic at all...

It's worth a shot Berry?

Are you and LO going to your parents tomorrow?

Berry Sweet

Yipper.  I'm not much of a thxgiving holiday person.  I'm not big on the event.  Same with Xmas.  But I do it anyway so Lo can experience and enjoy the holiday.  My fav holiday is easter.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"Yipper.  I'm not much of a thxgiving holiday person.  I'm not big on the event.  Same with Xmas.  But I do it anyway so Lo can experience and enjoy the holiday.  My fav holiday is easter.

I hope both of you have a nice time.

ac_smile

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"Yipper.  I'm not much of a thxgiving holiday person.  I'm not big on the event.  Same with Xmas.  But I do it anyway so Lo can experience and enjoy the holiday.  My fav holiday is easter.

Why not? You find it a hassle?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"

Why not? You find it a hassle?

I know people who dread Christmas because it's expensive and stressful.

Berry Sweet

I think xmas is over rated.  People buying gifts left and right and going broke for no reason....people on fb posting pics of their trees and the massive pile of gifts below like its some kind of contest....it doesnt teach kids anything.

And santa...hes a creepy pedo...Lo would never want to see him and I told her from a very young age that santa is a fictional character.

Christmas is a good time for scams and making money.  I do enjoy some xmas community events.  Other than that im not a jolly festive person, singing and dancing and making xmas pudding...thats a lot of fuckin work...and no one helps clean up....fuck that shit.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"I think xmas is over rated. People buying gifts left and right and going broke for no reason....people on fb posting pics of their trees and the massive pile of gifts below like its some kind of contest....it doesnt teach kids anything.

And santa...hes a creepy pedo...Lo would never want to see him and I told her from a very young age that santa is a fictional character.

Christmas is a good time for scams and making money.  I do enjoy some xmas community events.  Other than that im not a jolly festive person, singing and dancing and making xmas pudding...thats a lot of fuckin work...and no one helps clean up....fuck that shit.

Going into debt for Christmas is crazy..

I volunteer every year for the Salvation Army and I enjoy making gifts and giving them to neighbours, friends and coworkers..

But, I don't like the hyper consumerism either.